Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pioneer Trail











The smoke and the heat may have kept several people home today. Today our group was Selma, Cyndi, Marilyn S., me(Clarence) Stan, Jeff, Karen, Frank, and Laurie. We Followed the newly constructed section on the Pioneer trail south of the Omega Overlook. We only got started when Jeff heard and saw a bear. I got a glimpse of him, before the bear decided there was too many of us, and he ran off.
This new section of the trail is very nice. An area with beautiful large trees. However before we return we have to let the rains come and pack down the trail. For the most part it is a dirt trail, but right now it is all "fluff and dust" because it was just dug! Like walking in sand, it was not very easy.
I was surprised to find out when I took off my dusty boots, my socks were really dusty. I just threw them out! But when I took off my socks, my feet were black with dust also. Yuk! I guess everyone's feet were that way.
The trail will be extended even farther and with a BIG view of Bear Valley.
We need to put that on the agenda for a hike in a couple months (after the rains).

Farwell to Jeff for a while. He said his teaching job starts next week, so he won't be able to hike with us for a while. ~ Jeff, if you can,come with us on Christmas break or whenever.

Suggested hike for next Wednesday is out through Diamond Plantation, in the same region, to another BIG view for lunch.

See the other pictures, I took on Snapfish. See ya' all CLARENCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive